Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Beloved is Mine and I am His

Sometimes, it's easy to forget that I am cherished by my husband, like when I hear that other women never fill their own gas tanks! So, I wanted to make a list tonight that I can look back on to remind myself how cherished I am. These are all the things my husband did today

1. He went shopping with me when I really didn't want to go shopping. (Translation: I was grouchy.)

2. On this freezing, wind-chill warning day, he always unlocked my door first and let me sit in the car while he unloaded the cart.

3. He used money someone gave him to replace my Stir-Crazy popper that a kid had broke.

4. He left the radio off so I could sleep on the way to the city.

5. When my nachos at Buffalo Wild Wings were essentially lettuce, tomatoes and chips, he bought me pizza at Sam's Club so I wasn't hungry.

6. He let me go to Hobby Lobby first. (I shouldn't say "he let me". He loves shopping and doesn't care where we go or how many stops we make. He usually has to make me go shopping.)

7. He helped me look at a new coats and commented that none of them seemed warm enough for me.

8. He can still make me blush in public places with just a look.

9. When we got home he put all the groceries away while I worked on a report for the church's annual meeting.

10. He drops me off and then parks the car. (Did I mention there were wind chill warnings out today?)

It's easy in the midst of life's hustle and bustle to feel unloved, unappreciated and forgotten. Days like today are a good reminder that none of that is true. Love you honey!!

No comments: